Early childhood & Preschool
Our Swim School offers a range of classes suitable for children 6 months – 5 years old.
Early childhood (6 months – 3.5 years)
Using a combination of songs, games and structured play our professionally qualified swim teachers will help you to guide your child through their first aquatic experiences. With main focus on water safety and technique training in higher levels. Parents are required to be in the water.
- Assisted front float
- Assisted back float with roll over
- Assisted monkey wall
- Assisted sitting dives
- Submerging happily
- Assisted front float and kick
- Assisted back float with independent rollover
- Unassisted monkey wall
- Independent sitting dives with roll over to back
- Assisted swim to adult
- Assisted entry and exit
- Assisted front float
- Assisted back kick
- Paddle and kick independently
- Assisted sitting dives turn and paddle back to the wall
- Unassisted entry and exit
- Picking objects of pool floor with bubbles
- Unassisted front float
- Unassisted back float
- Unassisted sitting dives turn and paddle back to wall
- Extension: Doggy paddle
Pre-school ( 3.5 – 5 years)
Your child is now ready to experience being independent in the pool. Small classes and friendly, caring swim teachers will ensure your child has a positive learning experience. Four ability levels catering for the inexperienced beginner to the confident swimmer.
- Independent entry and exit
- Submerge confidently, calmly picking object off the pool floor
- Unassisted streamline front float
- Unassisted streamline back float
- Introduction to streamline glide / correct starts front and back
- Breathing control
- Glide front and back with correct head position
- Kicking front for 3m
- Kicking back for 3m
- Doggy paddles
- Induction to the big pool
- Swim 5m freestyle
- Introduction for back stroke
- Picking objects up from a depth
- Bunny hops in a depth
- Sitting dives, turns and safe pool exit
All lessons cover the following areas:
- Water familiarisation – developing confidence, encouraging safe exploration and gaining basic breath control.
- Basic skills – teaching balanced movement, flotation, kicking and the basis of swimming strokes.
- Water safety – developing parent/caregiver awareness of water safety issues.
For health reasons, all toddlers under 4 years are required to wear waterproof nappies when in the pool.
Ages 6 months to 5 years of age require a verbal assessment with parent / caregiver. Please complete the enquire form below and we will be in touch or call 04 885 4704.
Fridays between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm &
Saturdays between 8.00 am and 12.00 pm
Sunday classes coming soon.
Early childhood and preschool classes are $12.00 per lesson. An average 10 week term is $120.00. Full term payment is required upon booking.